Friday, December 17, 2010

GROW OLD WITH ME


An old couple walked into a fast food restaurant. The little old man ordered the food and took the tray back to the table where the old lady sat. Carefully he cut the hamburger in two, and divided the fries into two neat piles. He sipped the drink and passed it to the little old lady, who took a sip and passed it back.

The young man on a nearby table had watched and felt sorry for them. He offered to buy them another meal, but the old man politely declined, saying that they were used to sharing everything. The old man began to eat his food but his wife just sat still, not eating. The young continued to watch the couple. As the old man finished eating, the old lady had still not started on her food. "Grandma, why you are not yet eating?" asked the young man sympathetically.

The old lady looked up and said politely, "I'm still waiting for the teeth.."

This heart-warming story that has been circulating for quite sometime reminds me of these famous lines: “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for that part of me you bring out. You are my ground and you are my rainbow. You are my butterfly and you are my ecstasy. You are the start of my journeys and always my destination. You are my home - the place to which I always return!!”

No comments: